Wednesday, January 23, 2013

When I first saw you standing there it was a little hard not to stare

I blog in my sleep

Time to check in with my friends!  I have been doing great!  I improve more and more daily.  Well, the only thing without much improvement is my potty training but we won't get into that again!

I have to go to the Vet on Friday for a recheck on my eyes.  The ulcers have healed up a lot but they want to see me again.  My foster mom is also going to try to get a urine sample and have them check it out.  She wants to know if I have a UTI or something.  Just because I pee a lot.  

I have a new foster brother!  His name is Clyde but he hasn't been listed on the 4 Luv of Dog website yet.  He is like me!  A Pug!  He kind of looks like my dad, Spike!  He is all black unlike me.  My siblings Gizmo, Gladys, and Ivy all look like dad.  I'm the odd Pug.  That's okay.  Someone has be be different!

Clyde

My foster mom saw Gizmo today and he is growing his fur back!  Brittny got curious and took a closer look at me and guess what!  I am growing some back too on my feet!  We are all very excited.

Special bath day!

Too hard to see my fur on my feet growing in.

I have learned some new things.  When Brittny says, "Go to your kennel." I run into the bedroom and sit in my kennel.  I know she is going to give me some treats and I will do many things for a treat!  I can also go not only up the stairs, I can go down them too!  Brittny was very shocked because usually when she goes downstairs for a few minutes I wait on the landing.  To her surprise I was down two steps and waiting.  She had my foster brother Howie go down them and I followed!  She gave me lots of hugs and kisses.  We did this several times and my tail was wagging so much!  I loved how silly she was acting when I did it!  I can also jump on the couch as of today!  When she got home from work she would slide me across the floor on my feet and I would scramble around and sprint towards the couch to her.  I failed the first few times.  I was jumping too soon and then bonk!  Head first into the couch!  A few times she would catch me and pull me up.  After about 10 minutes I was doing it without help.  She would hug me and call me the flying Pug.  Maybe agility is in my future?  Well, we won't go that far.

Cuddles with Howie

Brittny brought home a lot of rawhides from work one day.  I was so excited!  I've never had such tasty things in my mouth!  I only get them with a careful eye.  They aren't the best for puppies or dogs in general.  But I don't try to eat them.  I like to carry them around and lick them.

This is mine!

Brittny made a collage of me to show people my improvements.  It's hard to see when you see me everyday.  So here you go!

\
16 days of foster care and treatment

It's very scary to think that I was so close to crossing the Rainbow Bridge.  I was surrendered on a Saturday and on Sunday I was rushed to the emergency vet because they didn't think I was going to make it to my appointment on Monday.  I went into foster care on Monday night and I was very weak the first few days.  I slept a lot.  I was healing.  It's amazing what proper vet care and a loving foster family can do for a guy.  I am living proof.  I am a miracle.  I am blessed.

Loving life

I better go now.  As you can see, I am very sleepy tonight.  Until next time!

::Mohawk::







No comments:

Post a Comment