Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A new beginning


Hello everyone.  My name is Mohawk.  I am a four month old male Pug.  I came from a bad situation with my dad, my brother, and my sister.  Unfortunately my three other siblings didn't make it out alive.  Thankfully 4 Luv of Dog Rescue came to save us when they did!  We are in pretty tough shape.  We had never seen a Vet and our breeder was only treating us with Neosporin!  We have what is called Demodex Mange.  I also have eye ulcers due to the mange and I am on special ointment for my eyes thee times a day!  Yuck!  I can't see the best but with the help of my foster mom and dad I will be able to see clearly once again.  On top of having mange and the obvious hair loss, I have a bacterial infection as well!  So I am on two types of oral medications and I have to take a special bath every two days!  I am also in a home with foster brothers!  There are three Boston Terriers that my foster mom has.  They are very gentle and understanding that I don't feel the best right now.  She also has a Boston Terrier that is her Hospice dog,  I guess he has a bad back and won't be able to walk some day and I really like him!  He likes to snuggle with me.  He makes me feel safe.  There's also another dog that she is fostering here from 4 Luv of Dog.  He is a Pug too!  His name is Zygy and he is very silly and makes weird noises.  I want to play with him some day but not until I feel better.  I have been sleeping a lot because I need to get my energy back.  I have been eating a little.  Mom has been making it softer for me with warm water.  I wasn't too interested in eating this morning but she put these yummy Bill-Jac treats in it!  It was so yummy!  Well, I better get some sleep now.  My eyes are getting heavy.  I will try to keep you guys up to date on my recovery and I am so very thankful for everyone who has helped me and my family.  I understand that my treatment isn't going to be cheap so if anyone can help donate money for us, please do!  

::Mohawk::

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mohawk! I hope you feel better soon so you can start playing with Zygy!

    ReplyDelete