Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"All right Mr. DeMille, I'm ready for my close-up."

Me this morning on my towel

Hello again.  It's me, Mohawk.  Today has been a busy day!  It started off with my foster mom bringing my foster brother Zygy to the Vet to get a nose job done.  That's what she called it anyway.  It guess it's something to help him breathe better. Once she was done with that I got my breakfast, my meds, and a potty break.  I can see a little bit better today!  I actually followed her around the entire back yard!!  She was very happy for me because normally I just run into everything.  After walking around she realized that the scabs on my feet were starting to bleed and I made little bloody prints all over the snow.  She quickly picked me up and set me on a towel in the bathroom.  I didn't move.  I just stood there and eventually sat down while she got ready for work.  She sure uses a lot of smelly products when she gets ready for the day.  Then I basically slept all day.

My bloody paw print towel

When she got home I saw that Zygy was back and he was in great spirits.  My foster mom then gave me my meds and the next thing I knew she had on a pair of gloves and I was in the tub getting my special bath!  She felt really bad for me because I just stood there and shivered.  This stuff has to stay on my skin for ten minutes!  It felt like forever!  Then she rinsed me for a good five minutes with warm water and that felt so nice!  When she dried me she tried to rub off some dead skin and scabs for me.  Some of them have opened up more but she said it's okay.  I think she had a tear in her eye or something.  I couldn't tell.  She also noticed that I have puss in the folds by my nose.  So she cleaned that up for me.  

Doesn't Zygy's nose look amazing?

Next thing I knew I was in the car!  We went to the 4 Luv of Dog shelter and all of my family was there!  It was so great seeing them again!  A few volunteers were there as well.  A man from the Forum was there too and was asking everyone questions about us.  There was also another man who took pictures of all of us.  They were very nice and kept saying how cute we were.  Then after those men left, more showed up!  This time they had cameras!  They were from KVLY and they were doing a story on us!  My foster mom gave me to Amy and I got to be on TV!  Can you believe it?!  I'm sure everyone will want my autograph!  

After the men left, I went home with my foster mom.  I was so tired I actually kept falling asleep when I was there.  I am still trying to heal and that was a lot of activity.  I'm so happy to be on my blanket snuggled up.

Everyone said that I am starting to look better and don't smell as bad.  I can't wait to see what I look like in a month.  It will be nice to get rid of these scabs.  They really itch.  I kept itching my face on my blanket today and on my foster dad!  

Okay everyone.  It's time to rest.  Make sure you tune in for the 10 PM news tonight on KVLY to see my family and the great people who saved our lives.

::Mohawk::

1 comment:

  1. http://www.valleynewslive.com/video?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=8160555#.UO5IMzChO-c.facebook is the video clip from KVLY

    ReplyDelete