Monday, February 18, 2013

Livin' the Pug life

Hey friends!  Sorry I haven't updated my blog in a long time.  There just hasn't been too much to write about these days!

I'm still taking my special baths.

I had my one month check up awhile back.  It came back great!  It was a negative scrape which means I have zero live mange mites on me.  This is pretty awesome news.  Even though I look awesome, I still have a long ways to go before I can be up for adoption.  My dad, Spike, is up for adoption now!  Which is great news!  For my brother, sisters, and I we might not be up for adoption considering we are all at different stages in our healing.  I hope we can all stay in touch as a Pug family with their new homes when that happens!

I love sitting on my foster moms clothes while she gets ready for work.

I still have to take medicine.  I'm still taking my liquid medicine once a day.  I still get my special baths.  I still get medicine in the folds of my face and ears.  I still have fish oil as well.  Whew!  It's a work out but my foster mom has me on a great schedule so even though this is a lot to remember, it has become a habit.  

I get pimples on my face sometimes.

I really don't like this winter stuff.  I have been going potty outside with my foster brothers but if I am left more then two hours without a potty break, I will tinkle the floor.  My foster mom says that is her fault.  Sometimes when I have to pee so bad, she will pick me up and I will tinkle a little.  She says this is weird but I really have to go!!  So I have went potty on her a few times.  She just washes up and says it's okay.  Where was I.. Oh yeah!  Winter!  It's no fun!  We have been having a lot of these things call blizzards and we get a lot of snow.  My foster parents have to shovel the backyard so we can all go potty.  Otherwise we sink and it makes going potty impossible.

Snow day!!

I have been playing a lot!  My foster brother, Howie, is so much fun!  We play for hours and hours.  They say we are best friends.  I play with my foster brother, Bosley, as well.  He isn't a huge fan of puppies I guess but he will play with me from time to time.  He secretly likes me.  Click here for a video of me playing tonight.

So sleepy.

I have been sleeping in bed with my foster mom.  I don't keep my kennel very clean and dry but I don't potty in the bed!  I like to sleep on their pillows when they sleep.  It's my favorite.

Another bath?

I can't wait for this thing called Spring.  I guess all the cold white stuff melts and everything turns green.  Best thing about it, I can spend more time outside playing and seeing new people and things.  We spend a lot of time inside.  Then I am forced to take pictures with my foster mom.  She says she does it so everyone can see how much better I look!

She is my favorite.

I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here.  Still getting stronger and healthier.  I weighed 9lbs at my last vet appointment.  My foster mom says I won't be a very big Pug.  A micro Pug.  She likes that.  I have been learning tricks.  Not only can I sit but I can lay down and shake.  I am very treat motivated and I get so excited when I see that treat!  She asks me to lay down and I collapse to the ground.  Tail wagging like crazy.  I just want that treat!!

Here's my Pug family one month later.

Family reunion!  Left to right.  Spike (dad), Gladys, Gizmo, Ivy, and myself.

Kissing my brother, Gizmo.

Until next time!

::Mohawk::






`





1 comment:

  1. Oooooh I want Mr. Mohawk to come live with me SO bad!! I can't wait until he's ready for adoption. What a sweet pea!

    ReplyDelete